General Media Center Information
Library Media Specialist: Mrs. Fender
Hours: 7:20 – 2:30
** Open before school, after school and at lunch for students.
Some rules to remember:
- A quiet atmosphere is a must. Be considerate of other classes working.
- Eating and drinking are to be done outside of the library.
- Backpacks will be placed in the cubbies not taken to a table.
- Passes are required during class periods. YOU MUST SIGN IN AND OUT AT THE CHECKOUT DESK.
- Students may use the library in the morning before school. It will open at 7:30.
- Please observe signs on the doors. There will be times that the library is closed for special activities and programs. If so, signs will be posted and do not enter.
How do I check out a book? Take the materials you would like to checkout to the circulation desk. The library staff will ask for your student ID. Your book will be stamped with a due date on the inside front or back cover. Books in the General Collection may be checked out for 2 weeks with 1 recheck. Reference and Holocaust/WWII books do not circulate.
Book fine? A book fine of five cents per day will be charged for any book that is overdue. It is not necessary to have your book with you to recheck.
How many books may I check out? The usual limit is two. If you have an overdue book, you will not be able to check out another book until the book is returned and the fine is paid.
How do I return books? Books are to be placed in the book drop at the front of the circulation desk. NEVER just lay them on the desk or somewhere in the library.
You will find many useful links and pages on this site. To access our catalog, please click the following link.