We have seen great improvement in the conditions of school parking lots & sidewalks, as well as neighborhood streets throughout the city today. However, there remains a chance for additional wintry precipitation in the Tulsa area tonight and early tomorrow morning.
Because of that possibility, along with the possibility that whatever melted today could re-freeze overnight and create slick conditions again, we will wait until the morning to communicate whether we will be back in-person or continue with distance learning on Thursday. Our crews will be out very early in the morning testing the conditions on our streets, parking lots & sidewalks.
A message will come to you no later than 6 a.m. on Thursday morning through School Messenger (email & text message) and we will also get the word out through our website (owassops.org) and social media channels (Facebook & Twitter).
Thank you for your continued patience and support this week. We hope to see your students again in-person very soon!